Friday, February 10, 2012

Behind The Rose

All of you on facebook saw the Beautiful picture of 32 Roses that I posted yesterday; One for every year that Rich and I have been Married. What you "might" not know is why.
When Rich and I got Married- he was an E-5 in the Army and our very first "home" was in Washington State. Our first apartment,an unfurnished two bedroom one bath and the only thing we owned was my Cedar Chest and a small 8 inch Black and White TV. We had a nice new car but didn't have much money for gas and our furniture was the best our budget could rent and when you also have a child it's a bit more challenging. Absolutely none of that mattered to us, we were beginning the rest of our life's with each other, I had Married the Man of my dreams and as long as we were together we could handle whatever came our way. When our First Anniversary came, we didn't have money for a babysitter or a special evening out; instead I had spent a few extra dollars on a nice cut of meat and I made him the best dinner I knew how to make {my cooking has improved over the years} He brought home a single rose and told me that he planned to buy me a Rose for every year of Marriage and every year he does just that. Whenever I get my bouquet..I always look at the one in the center and remember that wonderful day..The Single Rose where all our years of celebrating began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment