Friday, April 23, 2010

What to do

I have an opportunity to volunteer to go and Teach English for two weeks in Kabale Uganda. I would be going to a rural school badly in need of resources. "no electricity or running water", and holding only the bare bones-.. they do have a chalk board and bench like desks that students squeeze into. Many of the children attend for the one meal a day that is served to them. We would also be conducting the first ever reading challenge.
Now, the only reason I'm having a tough time deciding to go or not/ is because Rich and I will be arriving in Switzerland on or around June 17th. We will be in a Hotel and I have no idea how long it will take us to find housing. The expense of the trip to Uganda is significant and I'm not sure if this is the right time. Well, at least I have four more day's to make a decision!

1 comment:

  1. Is this where I should tell you my friend Charlotte is volunteering in Ghana and stepped on a scorpian and was hauled off to the hospital in agony? Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete