Saturday, May 19, 2012

This is it

The week we've been anticipating, is almost here! The moving company came by yesterday and placed the "No Parking" signs on our street, and Wednesday morning they will "invade" to pack up everything that has taken me most of our tour to "find a home for".  What makes this move a bit more challenging is the fact we are not going to a new post right away- as I've written Rich will go one way; I'll go another and we will come together for a "furnished post" in New Zealand. That gives us FOUR different shipments from Bern! One for Afghanistan, one for NH, one to remain in storage and the other to take on to NZ...how much do you want to bet that everything will make it where it's suppose to be? I've been busy all week packing up some of the boxes going into storage and on to NH. Rich and I will be doing most of the shopping in NH for things going to Afghanistan and I'm not even going to worry about NZ until next year! On top of everything else we have this big beautiful home to clean...hopefully we will be able to hire a cleaning team. Rich is outside while I write this Power washing the balcony, driveway and patio.
On a good note; we have made all the arrangements to help get settled in our NH Apartment. Most of which will be done on the 4th. Our rent is paid, utilities have been put in our name, cable/internet- furniture delivery and drinking water machine will all be delivered before 5pm on the 4th. That being said I have to tell you that this is the very first time I have picked out a "home", Chose furniture and signed a lease all on-line without seeing it in person; so I am a bit excited, nervous and I've been wondering OMG what have I done!! Sure hope I like the apartment AND Manchester {I've never been there} Although we do love NH and we have always talked about buying a four season Lake House...what better time to begin our search! Well..back to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment