Sunday, October 20, 2013

                                                     Hello from NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!
It began with a wonderful trip over, I got bumped-up to First Class from SF to Australia, then on our Flt to Wellington we had an "on board emergency". I happened to be the only person on flight with Medical background {EMT-MA} so I was put to work...and the next Day received an E-mail rewarding me with an extra 2,000 miles.
  The drive from the Airport was terrifying! I've become quite an expert in hanging on the door handle for dear life and screaming- although in my mind I was thinking that if I die, its sure a beautiful place to do it! No need to tell you that I'm not ready to drive over here.
  We have a very nice newer home in Churton Park, we're lucky because most of housing is older with no heat and they have to use space heaters. I'll post pictures once we get settled in, although we wont be getting our home shipment until next month. Rich and I have been busy running around getting things done. So far: I've had my Welcome lunch by the Embassy wives, Security briefing, applied for my pass, got a Dr's appointment, bought a car and got a new TV. Last but NOT least...Mikey gets to come home tomorrow!!! All this in just four days...when I tell you that we hit the ground running, I'm not kidding!! We also have our new cell phones, but we will not have our Magic Jack until we get it in the mail. Rich decided to pack instead of carry- so if you need to contact us, please do so by e-mail. Hopefully it will be in sometime this week. New Zealand is truely amazing and we're excited to explore. We look forward to Hosting as many of you that come to visit and are looking forward to our next three years.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you have been so busy. Enjoy the beauty. Wish I had gotten to see you before you left. Take care.

    ReplyDelete