Friday, August 26, 2011

Onward

With the kids back to their own lives and routines, I find myself in a very loud quite house. I really do enjoy having the kids home; even if it's just for a minute.
Rich and I attended our First "Retirement Dinner" last night. One of the Men who works for Rich is moving on to spend some time traveling and just enjoying life. Gifts and presentations will be given at the Embassy Farewell next week.
For those of you not on Facebook, I will share the news about "our" future. Rich will be going to Kandahar Afghanistan next summer for a one year assignment. "word is not in yet on whether I'll stay here in Bern or be sent back to DC. Our follow on assignment is: Wellington New Zealand, we'll live there for three years. Because New Zealand is a furnished post, We'll need to take minimal belongings- just enough of our things to personalize our home. We always take our bed, a few pictures, television and my kitchen..."have to have my kitchen"!! We'll have to have everything else put in storage, and give up our SUV since it cannot be shipped; so not only will we need to get used to a different car- we'll also have to get use to the driver being on the passenger side AND driving on the Left! Any bets on which one of us will "forget" first?

No comments:

Post a Comment