Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Rest of Vacation

After the Race, we enjoyed a nice evening with dinner at the "Last Pit Stop" Rich had made reservations weeks in advance. It was not easy to just walk in somewhere and get a table for 15 plus a highchair; but we had wonderful meals and great service where-ever we ended up. The rest of the week was spent taking tours and sightseeing with two exceptions; one evening was spent watching the famous Military Tattoo-- It was a beautiful show and we had great seats, in fact the evening would have been perfect if it weren't for sitting in the pouring rain and cold weather. We were not allowed to open our umbrellas but we could purchase ponchos! When I left I was soaked through and my clothes felt very heavy. I think everyone had a warm shower that evening!
Our last evening was a special Original Scottish 5 course Dinner complete with Entertainment. I think everyone agreed that it was the best evening of the trip; in fact "The Fisher Table was the last to leave!!
As soon as Rich gets the time to download more pictures- I'll post them for you.
After returning to Bern, the kids {minus Corey} had just three days to enjoy Switzerland before returning to their respective homes. Since they've left- I've cleaned all the rooms and gathered up the items that were misplaced during packing. I'm not exactly sure who a couple of the items belong to, but since I haven't received an answer from anyone "claiming" them; I'll do my best to guess who to send them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment