Friday, November 19, 2010

Its that time of year

Tonight is the Marine Corps Ball. A function we now find ourselves attending {instead of our ever loved Military ST.Barbers Day Ball} I can tell you that the Marines are much more reserved than the Artillery! I myself prefer the Artillery Ball, I find it much more amusing...and fun. So this evening will be spent in formal wear doing the "one thing I hate more than anything" shaking hands....I really hate the thought of shaking everyone's hand!! Plus in this country another ritual is added: a kiss on each cheek-x3, Right, left, right. Now, I'm not a total prude; I have no-problem if I know the people-if their friends/ I'm just not keen having people I don't know moving into my space. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who will step in to avert the unknowns. Silly huh?? It's just a small part of who I am. Now I'm interested in hearing from the rest of you to find out what your "silly thing" is!!! We all have "something"! On a lighter note, we will be taking the camera with us- so hopefully I'll have some great pictures to post tomorrow.
This virus thing really put me down this week. I thought I was safe and good to go after having the flu shot. Boy was I wrong!  My advice? Wear your scarfs and warm jackets...stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment