Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Remembering

Today I'm thinking about the boy's and how much I miss them being little/younger. I was the type of Mother who never wished the time away although I would "sometimes" wish a birthday or two away..just so I could have another year with them. I remember "snow days" when school would be called off {I was sometimes more excited than the boys} On wet cold snowy or rainy days; they would rush through the front door, change into dry clothes and curl-up on the couch with some homemade warm chocolate chip cookies. a glass of milk or hot chocolate....I always had "something" ready for them. Oh how I loved those times, just thinking of them brings a tear to my eyes and I'm so very thankful for each of those days.
I'm also thankful for the ones I have today..I'm still with the man of my dreams whom I met when I was just 14! Being able to share all the memories we've had and continue to make. I'm very lucky- and I realize that.
Anyway....sitting in my kitchen looking through the snow globe, "yes..it's snowing hard" I thought I would share "THE BEST" Sugar cookie recipe with you. ENJOY!!!
                                                    Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup margarine
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Dash salt
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
  Mix the above, divide in half, wrap and chill for 2 hrs. Roll out on floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and bake at 375  5-7 min.
  Glaze:
2 cups powered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Milk
  Mix and add enough milk {2-4 tablespoons} to make of glazing consistency- spread on cooled cookies.
If you wish...using a small paintbrush you or/and the kids can paint designs on each cookie using food coloring.

1 comment:

  1. I printed out your recipe Terry!! I have an unexpectedly free evening tonight (well, plus laundry..) - so if I can find my cookie cutters I might just make *your* cookies. :) Hugs and Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you and Rich!! Miss you guys !

    ReplyDelete