Thursday, December 9, 2010

Still..

Hello Everyone..I know I still have to post pictures of our weekend in Edinburgh, however I'm still waiting for Rich to send them to me from his computer! He did send me a few that I was unable to download.
Anyway, Switzerland has been just beautiful this past week "like living inside a snow-globe" I'm such a snow lover! I missed it so much the two years we lived in Israel. I was talking to my friend Terri earlier today and she pointed out that Christmas here in Europe is so much nicer and relaxing; over here it's more about celebrating the season with family and friends, where-as in the USA it's focused more on gift giving and purchases. Now don't get me wrong...I love Holiday shopping- but it is nice not to be pushed into the buy this, get that, hurry while supplies last type of marketing. I can even tell you that the Swiss people have never heard of Black Friday, one lady even asked me if it was a "sickness Day" LOL Huh, I guess one could say it was--in a since. When I think back on my childhood now I can honestly say it wasn't about the gifts. It was about baking and spending time with family, everyone "of course" on their best behavior. I know, I know..but YES. I'm still looking for that perfect little Norman Rockwell town to settle into where neighbors are friends, no need to lock your doors, and when people say their going to do something you can consider it done, and neighbors actually work out their problems and each mans word is solid gold. If any of you know of such a village; please let me know where it is!
Earlier this week was Kris Kringle Day, that is when all the kids place their just cleaned shoes out side the front door in the afternoon. And if the children have been good Kris will leave candy in their shoes...if they've been bad he leaves a switch instead. Although in all our years living in Europe I've never met any child that bad. Here's hoping for another snowy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment