Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Forgot Something..

Our wonderful Friends from Munich came down to spend the weekend with us. We had a great time showing them around Bern. When they got home- the next morning Linda had gone to the garage to recycle some paper...she noticed "after a few minutes" that her car was gone! She went over to her neighbors to find out if they had seen anything, the German Police was called and she had to make a report that her car was stolen. She then had to call her husband Dennis "who had left town for business"; he made the calls to the insurance company- helping as much as he could on his end. Meanwhile Linda is thinking: this has to be a joke...perhaps her husband is trying to surprising her with a new car or something! So.... moving on to two days later..
I received a call from Linda this morning and the first thing I asked her was- "have they found your car"? Well,"kind of"...I thought- oh no, it's either been totaled or stripped. She went on to inform me that Dennis had called her earlier and "remembered" where the car was. ??? Before they had left for Bern on Friday- she had driven to meet up with him at his office; and she had parked her car in the underground garage with the intentions of stopping by there on the way home to pick it up. They had both forgotten all about it!
Now, I've misplaced my car before...ending up walking around the mall parking lot..but I have never lost it for two days forgetting where I put it! HAHAHA  So you win this one Linda- hands down! By the way, when you come down to visit again,.. "I'll drive".

No comments:

Post a Comment