Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mountain Marathon Cup

It's time for me to tell you about what my husband was up to- and No...it wasn't bad!
Rich began training last Fall for the "Mountain Marathon Challenge". He had to run Three of Four Mountain Races. He chose the: 
June 11th "Lichtenstein Alpine Marathon
July 9th Zermatt Mountain Marathon
Sept 10th Jungfrau Mountain Marathon
The highest altitude was, 8,480ft! For those of you who run marathons you know how difficult these runs were. He completed these runs with an average time of 6.5  While a normal flat marathon would only take him 4hrs.
Needless to say the training alone was tough- but he did it and finished what he started!! This was the first time he has ever attempted running such a challenge and he did have a few..."I must be out of my mind" kind of days, I'm very proud of his determination to power through. If you were to ask him now if he'd do it again, I think he would tell you No. But I think if he had another opportunity to do something that he had never done before-- he would. "In a Heartbeat"

No comments:

Post a Comment