Saturday, September 17, 2011

Roller-Coaster Of Life

September is running away from me and October is quickly approaching! I remember my Mother telling me that the older you get, the quicker time passes-- I thought she was just being dramatic; Now I agree. Oh how I wish that I could pick up the phone and talk with her again- I wish that I could remember all of the thing's she told me about life beyond raising children or perhaps I just wish that I had listened with more intensity. I wonder if there will ever be a time when I won't long for her advice........Probably not.
Wondering what brought this on???
Hormones, menopausal... "what the hell??"How old was Mom when this happened to her? What did she do, how did she handle it, is there a short cut?? What's life like on the other side of menopause? 
I'm Hot/I'm Cold-Happy/Crying. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller-coaster that I've never rode before with a ton of twists and turns. If I didn't know any better- I'd swear I was expecting. "I just want to get off this crazy ride- I'm not good at it. I think I'll be doing a lot of research on this...
Well, enough talk on "that" subject.
As you know, Rich will be going to Afghanistan in August 2012. I've been trying to decide what to do while he's gone; I was going to stay here in Switzerland- but because of my Diplomatic Status the Swiss Government turned down that request. Now I need to decide between two options:
Move to the US for a year OR Take a job with the Department and go to Afghanistan too. Obviously it's not an easy decision and I need to do my homework; but that's what's going on in our part of the world right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment