Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with great friends. Everyone was interested about how our visit went with our Kid's; that one question made me realize that while it was so "wonderful" to see them and have them together... I didn't get to do with them what we had planned and wanted to do. "SIT and TALK" We knew it was going to be a bit crazy with 10 people in the house, six extra adults, one baby and three kids; but in my mind I had it all worked out! We would tour during the day, while I made dinner the children would have their bath- after dessert and clean-up the little ones would go to bed and we {the adults} would sit around the fire pit outside and "talk" try to catch up on the last two years in person. WOW....was that idea so "NOT" Instead the evenings were so chaotic we couldn't sit and have a conversation to save our life's! Before I knew it we were off to Scotland for a week;  we were able to meet-up for dinner in the Evenings but "trying to have a conversation" sitting in loud rooms at very long and sometimes two tables was impossible. 
Rich and I didn't even know that our oldest son had been accepted to the Police Academy Pre- Course until the night before they left to return home.
Now, don't get me wrong...I know we could have just grabbed them one by one and made them sit and talk to us but we wanted some of the past of "wanting" to sit and talk.....
With the "ONE EXCEPTION" of our Fisher Family Vacation every two years; and with the Families growing I think it will be best to keep the "HOME" visits on a {one Family at a time} bases.. We love our young men and their families very much and with as much traveling as we have to do, we really look forward to having a few special moments with each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment