Monday, August 16, 2010

Swiss Day

Another beautiful day in Switzerland, although a bit windy and rainy I still love it! We have a couple of pine tree's out back and I guess it's the time of year when their needles begin to fall. The wind blows them everywhere...but it smells nice. Settling in is coming along nicely...seems that everyday there is less to do, "finely" with the exception of the laundry. I of course have a European washer {for those of you who haven't seen them; there small} Mine is a bit new in the fact that it functions as both the washer and dryer. Which brings a new problem. See, the drum is small, so the laundry it does hold hasn't much room to move around and there is no "shaking out the clothes between wash/dry, so despite my efforts the clean clothes come out very wrinkled. It seems I must iron everything!!! Such a pain!
I've got to begin working on my shopping list for Saturday. We will be going to the Base in Heidelberg and plan to make all the stops: garden center, furniture store, PX and Commissary. It's going to be a long day indeed!
On a lighter note Chris sent us pictures of he and Marissa's yard, they have put a lot of work into it since moving in...I'll try to find a before picture for you..it was dirt, dirt and dry.
 They have done an amazing job!! Chris also informed me that he put closet doors in the nursery! Well, the yard looks wonderful Chris! I'm so proud of you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow....when can I come visit? Looks wonderful guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! You can come visit anytime! We'll go to Disneyland! ;)

    ReplyDelete