Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Part 2

Everyone now knows about Chris and Marissa's little one. They had a family cook-out with Marissa's family on Sunday where they told everyone about the baby. 
First: Marissa noticed a necklace her Mother was wearing, when she commented on it her Mother said: funny thing-I never wear a necklace but this morning I opened my jewelry box and there was my Grandmother's necklace. And for some reason I just felt I needed to wear it today' I don't know why. Marissa held back tears.
So, Marissa, her Mother Jan and Marissa's Grand Mother {who happened to be visiting} were cooking, and Marissa's Dad walked in and said he was just admiring three generations being together in the kitchen. Although touched by her Father's words, Marissa was able to remain silent. {I don't know how she did it!} Eventually she and Chris were able to get everyone in the same room. She told her Dad what she had wanted to say earlier..."remember in the kitchen when you said you were admiring three generations ? Well it was actually four" Lot's of happy tears followed.
I was able to speak with Marissa on the phone today and although a few headaches at night and tiredness, she's doing well. To my surprise she isn't able to get her First appointment until 20 June. They told her unless she was an "at-risk pregnancy" she could not get in earlier. How in the world is she suppose to know? This is her FIRST PREGNANCY!!

1 comment:

  1. Nicel story!. I know Marissa's parents must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete