Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Afterthought...

So, yesterday morning my friend Terri picked me up and we went to the US Embassy for our German class. After parking, while paying..we were approached by a Middle Eastern man. He spoke very good English and needed change for parking. Terri was able to exchange some money for him although he still needed a bit more for the three hours he requested. So I just gave him the amount he needed; "he was very appreciative" Anyway, we continued into the Embassy, found our class and after went for a nice lunch. It wasn't until last night that I remembered we have been placed on high alert for terrorist activity...after thinking back on my day- I realized that OMG...Terri and I could have been responsible for that guy being able to park outside the Embassy...and he had specifically told us he needed three hours! {for what? The car-bomb to go off?}
So my question is: How far do you go? At what point do you stop being helpful to people in need of help because they MIGHT be planning to do harm? Rich is always telling me I have to be more careful...he's going to have a grand old time with this one!! 

2 comments:

  1. Good Question! I have no idea what the right answer is.... I'll ask Chris what he would do. You ask Rich... Im sure they will come up with a similar answer. However, I would think that if he was a terrorist, he would have planned better and brought his own parking money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE: Chris said "Hell no. Let the muz find his own money." somehow i dont think Rich would have had the same response.... oh chris. He is turning into Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. Give him a few years.

    ReplyDelete