Saturday, October 30, 2010

First day of work

Yesterday was my first day of work at the US Embassy. I went in early in order to get my new badge and number codes, my office is located between the FBI and the DEA; I was given "the talk" and then it was time for my first job. I was to take a Swiss worker up the elevator shafts and watch while he did maintenance. All the while I was climbing- in my head I kept hearing the theme from Mission Impossible ....LOL thinking to myself; "I'm a Mother of three wonderful grown boy's, I have two grandchildren with one more on the way...how in the hell did I end up here; doing this! "so much for take your Grandchild to work day". But on the other hand- it was quite exciting, I like being able to know things that no-one else can know although being in the elevator shaft totally blew my perception to the way they can come crashing down in the movies. {My disappointment of the day}
After returning home to spend a few minutes with Mikey, I took off to get my hair done "all of you ladies know what I'm talking about when I say" new job/new style! Now I fit the job. I'm already looking forward to Monday to see what plays out next.
Rich and I went out to the local restaurant last night with friends. We had such a wonderful time! Must do that again soon!! Now for all of you Stateside please make a note that we are doing our time change tonight: setting the clocks back one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment