Friday, July 16, 2010

Let's back-up

So, going back to the day we moved here from the Hotel. It was both exciting and busy- getting to know the house and running off to get a few thing's that's always needed. We had spent most of the day doing just that. It was hot outside but the inside of this house was very cool "great insulation" The first thing I wanted to do was cook a meal- the kitchen has all top of the line appliances, now I've never had an oven that was also a steamer so out came the instruction manual. {no English} The company is suppose to be sending one...hopefully it will arrive soon. In the mean time I have the stove top. With my imagination along with the three pans that were provided I've been able to manage without a high fat content. Lot's of vegetables! With the mixture of excitement and sadness.."miss the kid's" my appetite' isn't much- but I try to eat. Anyway... that afternoon I went to the top floor to take a much wanted shower; { the floor of the showers are made of some kind of rubber, so it doesn't get slippery- thank God } Being on the third floor, I didn't give much thought to the water pressure and when I turned on the water I thought I was going to be blown through the glass!! "I couldn't move" After a few minutes I was able to get it under control....but wow- lesson learned! I'll never "just assume" again.

1 comment: