Monday, July 19, 2010

Prague

Hello, well we made it back from Prague- I must admit I was wondering though. The flight was uneventful but the CAB-RIDES were terrifying!! In a land where Stop signs and Red traffic lights are just Meir suggestions, and sharp turns with no warning are the norm. They slow down for nothing and no one! The experience was terrifying. I shall never take another!
With that said, we did have a wonderful time {once out of the cab} We arrived at the Hotel "almost" the same time as Mom and Dad...what luck! We had a very nice room with a view on the 6th floor, after a quick settle-in we ventured out on foot to find a place for lunch. We came upon a local Piano Bar that did the trick; although if I had known what was in store for dinner, I would have passed on lunch. We were able to meet-up with Rachel and Shy for dinner. For those of you who have never had the pleasure, Rachel is another FSO who worked in Israel with Rich. Also for those that don't know yet....Rachel and Shy are now Married!! I'm sure you'll join us in wishing them all the best.
 The next morning we went on a bus tour of the city with Mom and Dad, it was lovely and were able to get some nice pictures of the area.
The Gargoyles were my favorite.
As you can see they are hanging away from the building, notice their mouth...their purpose is to keep water off the building; whenever it rains the water is drained from the building through their mouths.


Al 
Another one of my favorite buildings was this Cathedral.

l
while walking through town we came upon a celebration by the Harry Krishna.

l
These guards were posted at the entrance at the Castle
 l
My favorite form of transportation from now-on whenever I go to Prague.
 

2 comments:

  1. Prague looks beautiful! I think I would stay take the horse and buggy as well after that cab experience!

    Nice having you blogging again!

    Love,Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Europeon cities meld the old with the new. Betti

    ReplyDelete