Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mikey, Baking, and Snow..

Mikey's new scarf and winter coat is coming in very handy this week.
Today was nice, quiet and productive. I made a double batch of Whoopie Pies and 2 loaves of homemade bread. While the winds were blowing hard and snow falling strong and steady outside...inside was warm, comfortable, and smelling really good!! I love day's like this. I couldn't help but think about when the boy's were little and everything would be shut-down: I'm not sure who loved snow-days more, the boys or me!"I hope their memories are as warm as mine"
For what will be the fourth straight day the Federal Government will be closed. I think Rich is ready to be back in the class room; German calls. In the mean time he and Mikey check out the snow. And as you can see..he's keeping the walkway clear. So far other than loosing cable for one day, we remain one of the lucky and still have power. Far to many are not as fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. Woopie Pies!!! I know a certain hard working police recruit who would LOVE to get a package in the mail of any leftovers you might have! ;)

    ReplyDelete