Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whoops!

Wow, I hadn't noticed how long it's been since I've written on here!! Unfortunately we still have no-word on our departure date- but I have been doing my homework! I think I know why people are eager to leave Bern!! Trust me, you will NOT find the following in the guide books.
Bern deals with drug use in a "different" way than most countries. Their attitude is: it's a medical problem, not a legal issue. So in order to stop people from "shooting-up" in the public bathrooms they use blue lights. {unable to see veins under blue lights} They also have vending machines located through out the city containing sterile needles with a syringe. And of course it wouldn't be complete without large medal locked boxes for "used sharps". Also people who "smoke pot" in the park are left alone, the Police have more important thing's to do. Now...I in no-way condone this type of behavior,and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to avoid these areas. Thank goodness in my circle of friends this has never been an issue! However when/if I run across these things- I'll have to take pictures and post them for you to see! Life is different everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I'd call this blog "different strokes for different folks" - ha ha ha! Thanks for the cultural lesson Terry. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete