Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rich...sigh'

Alright everyone, here it is:
Rich and I are having a BBQ on Monday, so in preparation we went to a patio store to purchase a "Fest Table". While at the check-out Rich made the comment; I hope this fits in the car. I noticed "straps" to hold things on top of the car and pointed them out...his reply? Oh good, if it doesn't fit I can come back in and buy some! Five minutes later he had the car pulled around to the loading area and proceeded to fold down the seats and load the table. Alright table in; no problem..now the two benches...I'm leaning in the car from the back door when he tries to close the back; I saw that the window was hitting the glass and yelled "stop! your going to break the window!! {Did he stop??} NO!! All of a sudden the next thing I heard was the sound of "shattering glass, with glass flying everywhere" At that point I just hung my head...speechless.
I now have a dent in the hood, a crack in the front window and NO back window!

 Holding back my laughter, Rich gets into the car, buckles his seat belt and looks around the table at me saying "Don't worry Babe, I'll have the car fix up as good as new" My response was; Well, we still have a few windows left...don't you want to finish it off first? have it fixed all at once?! 
Another story for..."Let me tell you about the day Grampa bought this Fest table......."

No comments:

Post a Comment