Friday, September 3, 2010

Selfish?

I guess the last few days have had me wondering if Rich and I are doing what's best for our Family or Ourselves. We've spent our life together moving around from State to State, Country to Country. #30 homes later- here we are living in Switzerland! Meanwhile we have three wonderful boys that we hardly ever see, two Daughter-In-Laws whom I love dearly but never see, two Beautiful Grandchildren that "if I'm real lucky, get to see twice a year"; and another on the way that I'll also get to watch grow-up on line.
Is it time that we settled down, buy a home,...will it change anything? The boy's have their own families, life's and activities. The Grandchildren have school, sports and friends. How often would we actually see them? Once a week or two? Maybe once a month or two? Or would it be like now, without the traveling to different country's? We often joke about how Sheaylnn is on Passport number three, and Brady's about to get his second. We've even talked about how our new Grandchild's First picture will be for his/her First Passport. Being born into the Fisher Family means...you must have one!!
I've always said that I wouldn't "intrude or try to run our boys life- the way I think it should be." We've always promised to have our own lives and not "take over" theirs with our opinions on how they should do things.  Rich and I promised ourselves that no-matter where we were, we would "ALWAYS" be there for the kids and their families...jumping on the next thing flying State-side if they needed us. But is that enough? Should we re-think the way we live/travel? Do the kids want us to be there in person everyday? Would we be able to stay in one place for more than three years? Would we all feel cramped?  I just don't know........

1 comment:

  1. I don't have the answer to that one.....but I sure do miss the grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete